There’s nothing more frustrating than losing your Netgear AC1750 extender password and not being able to log in to it. If you forgot the Netgear extender login password, then here are the tips you need to consider in order to resolve the issue.
This particular post covers the easy-to-execute steps on how to recover the Netgear AC1750 WiFi extender’s admin password. Let’s take the plunge!
How to Log in to Netgear AC1750 WiFi Extender If You Have Forgotten the Admin Details
On the off chance if you are having trouble in reaching the dashboard i.e. Netgear AC1750 setup page because of the forgotten admin credentials, follow the tips given below:
- First and foremost, launch an internet browser on a WiFi-enabled device like computer or laptop.
- Enter mywifiext.net or default Netgear extender IP address into the browser’s URL bar. Do not use the search bar of the internet browser.
- Netgear extender login screen will appear.
- As you are not able to get into the Netgear installation assistant screen so there is no need to click on the Log In button. Click on Cancel and head towards the password recovering window.
- You will be prompted to answer a couple of security questions. Answer them in order to proceed further. Remember, the answer for your selected questions should match with exactly the same you have filled while setting up your Netgear extender.
- Once done, click on the Continue button and you will be able to recover your forgotten Netgear extender login credentials.
Note: The above-mentioned Netgear extender troubleshooting tips for the AC1750 will only work if you have enabled the password recovery feature.
In the event the things are not feasible for you, then don’t worry. We are here to help you! Just reset Netgear extender back to the default values and set up Netgear extender again using 192.168.1.250 or mywifiext.net.
How To Change Netgear AC1750 WiFi Extender Password?
Hopefully, you are done with Netgear extender setup and reset process. You are now advised to change the password of your AC1750 from default to something unique and secure. Don’t know how to do that? Fret not! We’ve got your back! Just follow the steps given below in order to change Netgear extender password.
- Connect your device to Netgear_Ext.
- Launch an internet browser.
- Enter the default login credentials correctly without any mistakes.
- Now, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup portal.
- Search for the Advanced option and once found, click on it.
- Then, select the Administration option and here you can easily reset the password of your Netgear AC1750 WiFi range extender.
- Once done, click on Apply to save the settings.
That’s all! This is how you can change the admin password of your Netgear WiFi range extender. You can log in to mywifiext and see whether the changed password is working for you or not.
Note: If you are using MAC, iOS, iPhone, or an Apple device for Netgear AC1750 setup and login, use mywifiext.local. But, make sure that there isn’t any typos in the web address.
Still Struggling With The Same Issue? Seek For An Technical Advice
Our technical executives deal with various kinds of bugs apart from the issue mentioned in this post. So, if you need any kind of assistance with your Netgear AC1750 WiFi range extender, then without any delay reach out to us through the comments section.