Having young, glowing, and spotless skin is every woman’s dream. The secret to beautiful skin is taking care of it. And with time, many cosmetic treatments have been proven to be effective in revealing a glowing and spotless complexion. A chemical peel is one such treatment, which benefits you, especially if you are struggling with pigmentation, scars, discoloration, and other signs of aging.
At Integrated Dermatology of 19th Street, the team of dermatologists can personalize chemical peel procedures to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
An insight into chemical peels
A chemical peel, also known as derma peeling, or chemexfoliation, is a non-surgical, minimally invasive cosmetic procedure, which uses a chemical solution to remove the damaged, superficial layer of your skin. This layer eventually peels off revealing a more fresh, glowing skin underneath.
Chemical peels are used if you have skin perfections like sunspots, wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, pigmentation, scarring, and uneven skin tone.
A chemical peel is one of the most cost-effective procedures to improve the appearance of your skin. The potential result of the chemical peel depends on the type of chemical solution and technique used, and the number of sessions.
Categories of chemical peels
There are 3 types of chemical peels based on how deeply they exfoliate:
- Superficial or light peels: This peel can exfoliate the outer (superficial) layer of the skin
- Medium-depth peels: This peel acts on the outer and middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. It corrects age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Deep peels: This peel is stronger than the other types, and penetrates into the middle and the deeper layers of skin.
Variants of chemical peels
Chemical peels are gaining traction since they are used by millions of cosmetic specialists to fight signs of aging, and provide you a youthful appearance. These procedures should only be provided by specially trained and board-certified aestheticians to prevent any complications or errors.
Some of the commonly used chemical peel options are:
- Illuminaze Peel
- Vitalize Peel
- Rejuvenize Peel
- VI Peel
Benefits of chemical peels
Chemical peels are widely used owing to the following benefits:
- Does not require any cuts or incisions
- Does not involve the use of anesthesia
- Stimulate collagen growth and elastin production
- Reverses sun damage and signs of aging
- Improves the skin tone and texture
- No downtime required
- Minimal post-procedure complications
Chemical peels can reduce skin damage and signs of aging, giving your skin a more youthful or unblemished appearance. A dermatologist or a cosmetic specialist can determine the type of chemical peel that best suits your skin type and concerns