One of the more baffling and irritating wireless signal problems is having a secure WiFi network but still no internet connection. Your computer might be showing full WiFi caps, but you only found an error of no internet connection every time you reach a website.
Unlike problems like not having a robust wireless connection or drop in WiFi signals, when you have a strong WiFi network, all indicators say you are ready to go – yet you can’t able to connect to the Internet.
Below are some crucial steps to walk through if you have the same common RE6500 cannot connect to internet problems. Follow from the top down to combat the more straightforward troubleshooting steps first.
Connect to the Correct Wireless Network
Ensure that you have followed the Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender setup steps as per guided in the user manual. If not, then even if WiFi is on and connected, you might still not find the working Internet.
To verify it, open the WiFi settings and try to configure your Linksys range extender. Once done, retry to connect it to your home wireless router.
Reboot your Linksys WiFi Range Extender
The very first step in troubleshooting in networking and hardware issues is to REBOOT. Rebooting the Linksys RE6500 extender flushes the current memory contents and helps to reset any lingering problem.
APIPA, aka, Automatic Private IP Addressing, is an in-built feature of Windows OS that automatically assign self-configure IP addresses up to 25 clients.
So, if you tried to connect your desktop or laptop to WiFi extender before the Linksys extender setup process, then might be your computer has assigned an IP address to your extender device.
Disconnect your WiFi extender from the computer. Plug it into an electric power outlet and, with the help of a paper pin clip, press the reset button to flush out the assigned IP address.
Outdated Linksys RE6500 Extender Firmware
Sometimes, an old and outdated firmware can be the cause of WiFi connected but no Internet access. To fix the problem, follow the below-mentioned to update your Linksys RE6500 extender firmware:
1. Place your Linksys RE6500 WiFi extender near to your home WiFi router.
2. Take an Ethernet or Internet cable and try to connect the WiFi extender and the router.
3. Plug-in both the devices to an electric power outlet.
4. Wait for a few minutes, and let the power LEDs of the devices turn to solid green.
5. Please turn on your desktop or laptop and try to connect it with your router’s network.
6. Run any web browser. Make sure that your web browser is up to date.
7. Visit http //extender.linksys.com web page.
8. You land on the Linksys RE6500 extender admin panel.
9. Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials, and then hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
10. Visit the ‘Performance’ section.
11. Hit on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
12. If any latest firmware version is available, it will automatically download and install on your WiFi extender.