Funny how things are meant to change from adolescence to adulthood including all the phases in between. One day you’re purchasing school stuff, the next day it’s all about the home of your very own.
So, you’re moving in now? Congratulations! I know how it thrills you to move out and live a new life with a new family and a new home. Maybe it’s your first time and first times are always exciting, but sometimes they’re meant to mess you up. So, make sure you have all the things you need for your first home.
This isn’t to say it has to be a one-day purchasing because shopping for home doesn’t happen overnight. Every purchase, especially those appliances that cost an arm and a leg, should be taken into full consideration. If the budget is tight, purchase an item or two at a time. Trust us, your home can wait.
Here’s an ultimate home checklist that covers all the essential and necessary stuff you need to spruce up and make the most of your new house.
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bag
- First Aid Kit
- Cleaning and laundry products
- Extra Light Bulbs – just in case you need one for sudden replacements
- Extra batteries – for smoke detectors
- Security locks
What to Buy for My Kitchen?
If you think cooking for the family would be one of your interests once you moved in, maybe diving into depth on these cooking gears could be the next step you’d like to take. There’s a wide variety of kitchen tools to cook with, but don’t get overwhelmed. Shopping would be a lot easier if you try to divide these tools according to assortment and use.
- Flatware – is made of four cutlery pieces: table knife and fork for the main course, salad spoon and fork for dessert, and a teaspoon.
- Knives and Steak Knives
- Silverware Organizer
- Glasses and Wine Glasses
- Serving Platters
- Utensils and holder (Spatula, Tongs, Ladles, Whisks, and Strainers)
- Cutting knives
- Chopping Boards
- Pots and Frying Pans
- Baking trays and sheets
- Bottle openers, can openers, and corkscrew
- Table Napkins
- Rice Cooker
- Coffee Brewer/Maker
- Teapot and Thermos Kettles
What to Buy for My Living Room?
A room is not considered a living room without the following. You can also check out luxury display homes to get some interesting interior design ideas.
- Couch with a centre table set
- Throw Pillows
- Rocking Chair
- Television with TV stand or media centre
- Sound System and Home Theater (for more fun movie marathon)
- Side Tables
- Other Decorative Stuff (Curtain, Lampshades, Flower Vases, Indoor Plants, Book Shelves, or Hanging Frames)
What to Buy for My Bedroom?
Home is your living space for freedom, security, and of course, relaxation. And, your bedroom would be the best spot for some comfort and peaceful dreaming. Sure, there are lots of great stores out there, but don’t forget to check the quality first. Here’s what you need for the bedroom.
- Bed Frame
- Bed Sheets
- Side Tables and Lamps
- Vanity Table
- Ironing Board
- Hanging Cabinets
- Laundry Basket
- Trash Can
- Shoe Racks
- Television Set (optional)
- Decorative Stuff (optional)
What to Buy for My Bathroom?
Here’s to another go-to place at home. Am I the only person who loves spending the morning thinking things over inside the bathroom? Trust me, it’s like awakening your sleepy soul. And for some reasons, most visitors are like asking for a bathroom use so at least make it presentable for your guests. You’ll know what to buy:
- Shower Curtain and Rod (Necessity depends on your bathroom design)
- Bath Caddies
- Towels and Extra Towels (for guests)
- Towel Hooks/Holders
- Wash Cloths
- Bath Mats
- Air Diffuser or Scented Candles
- Toilet Paper
- Trash Bin
- Bathroom Cleaners and Cleaning Products
I hope I didn’t miss anything important but prompt me if I did. Would be happy to add your ideas to our list.
Happy shopping! ♥