Naturally grown spices add aroma, flavor, and taste to the food. Additionally, these spices improve emotional, sexual, and physical health. It is important to have a basic understanding of the significant spices consumed by housewives and chefs worldwide. The article demonstrates some fundamentals you must know about basic spices and why you should add these spices to your diet. For better understanding, keep reading the article!
1. What is Black Pepper and Why Should You Use Black Pepper in Daily Life?
Black pepper is considered to be the ‘King of All Spices.’ Black pepper is a bead-sized, round spice that is dark black and is extracted from the plant Piper Nigrum. In the kitchen, ground black pepper is abundantly used.
- Black pepper bears antioxidant properties, meaning it diminishes the multiplication and growth of free radicals in the body. Thus, safeguarding the body cells from permanent or temporary damages done by free radicals.
- One of the basic ingredients of black pepper is piperine which is thought to exhibit a noticeable role in lessening the multiplication of cancerous cells in a body.
- Piperine facilitates memory power and boosts the functions of neurons- functional and structural units of central nervous systems that receive sensory impulses from the surroundings, sends the message to the central unit for processing and interpretation, and initiates desired responses.
2. What is Star Anise? Why Should You Use it in the Kitchen?
Star Anise is named so because of its ‘star-like’ appearance. It is dark brown and is often used with other spices like cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, etc. Illicium verum is a Chinese plant from where star anise is extracted.
- Star anise comprises many essential compounds that are beneficial to health. For instance, star anise contains shikimic acid, linalool, anethole, etc.
- Some studies have demonstrated that star anise exhibit a role in decreasing tumor size.
- Health care professionals prescribe shikimic acid present in star anise for treating influenza. It shows that it contains anti-viral properties. It is being manipulated to design many medicines by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
3. What are Cloves? Why Should You Use Cloves in Your Diet?
Cloves are dark brown substances that resemble an elongated stick with a floral design at the top. Cloves are essential components of ‘The Garam Masala’ family.
- Cloves are essential for boosting the health of teeth. Many known companies like Colgate incorporate cloves into their toothpaste to enhance the quality of their product. Cloves are prescribed by the doctors when teeth ache and pain. They provide instant pain relief.
- Cloves help fight germs and improve the overall health of the gastrointestinal tract by keeping it free of bacterial invasion. For buying organic cloves and other dried spices, you can contact
Natural spices are more likely to impact your emotional, mental, and physical health positively. Dried spices have anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that help fight germs and keep the gut clean and healthy.